Thursday, September 11, 2008

An Opinion Needed

So...we have been going back and forth on names since before our children were even conceived.

Our little man has been Ryder James since last October I think....but our precious little one has been everything from Brooklyn, to Maizie. I was settled with Maizie Marguerite (Marguerite after my dear grandmother that passed away on Christmas Eve), but then only to find out Maize is a derivative of Marguerite...so now we were naming our child the same name...plus I wasn't sure if Maizie would make a suitable CEO :-)

So I then decided and was set on Bristol Maize...then Sarah Palin comes out of the blue with a daughter whose name is Bristol...

So my question that I pose to you is...do we go with Bristol, or should I start back at square one? I love the name, and it isn't that Bristol Palin is pregnant at 17...it is the simple fact....

WILL IT BECOME POPULAR LIKE CHELSEA DID WHEN THE CLINTON'S WERE IN OFFICE?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say you name your child whatever makes YOU happy and what you feel suits your child. Go with your instinct on this one....your the wonderful mother!!!!

Marielle said...

I really like Maizie. It seems super cool and not too common, which I really like. I don't think that people would ever know that Maizie and Marguerite come from the same name. If it doesn't bother you then go for it! I think it's a darling name!

Whitaker Family said...

Hi Courtney
Okay so I love love Ryder James, Parks James was alomost Ryder. That is a definate. I love Maizie, I dont think any one will know that it comes from Marguerite (SP?) um but i love bristol, I do fear it will become popular though, But I might go for it anyway, Ah Bristol and Ryder!

jaw515 said...

Courtney,
Just checking in. Hope you are feeling wonderful. My ordeal with names was just trying to get one Jon and I agreed on. So if find two that you both love and agree on then there you go. Something that we have done and it is a special thing for our kids is the girls are named after my side of the family and the boys Jon's side. They were names we loved anyways but it just makes their names all the more special. Hence we have: Shaina Irene, Isaiah "David" (Jon's Dad's name and Jon is actually Jon- David), Abbey Lee, and Noah Jeffry (Jon's brother, and the unique spelling is from him as well). The only one that doesn't fit the mold is Christian but I didn't have a say in that one. (hehe) Hope all is well and can not wait for an update. (I have actually updated my blog so check it out if you want, I know shocker!!!)

jaw515 said...

Courtney,
We are all thinking of you and sending our prayers to you. All our love Julie and family (and Aunt Penny)