Monday, November 24, 2008

**Darby and Daddy Date Night**

So...I deserve the "Step-Mom of the Year Award"...NOT!!!!

On the 22nd the Father Daughter Ball was supposed to be Daddy and Darby date night, but I just thought like the silly individual that I am that they could just get tickets at the door. To my surprise however there were no tickets available and a waiting list a mile long the night before the dance.

I stressed to even tell Brian and let him bribe his way at the door, and act as though I didn't know. That wouldn't work, I wouldn't have been able to live with myself.
I put an ad on Craigslist thinking that someone may see it, and offered $100 stinking dollars for two tickets...No luck!

So, I broke the news to Brian, and he in turn had to break Darby's heart. I felt awful...so we compromised. Brian took Darby on a date to Bricks (NOTE: Brian and I have yet to go to Bricks together), and to a movie. So she got all dressed up in her Ball dress and I did her hair fancy, and off to dinner and a movie they went!

She felt like a princess and got some much needed Daddy-Darby time!




2 comments:

Jenny said...

Darby is a very lucky girl! I overheard her talking about this great date, I think she LOVED it!

Anonymous said...

Darby is so lucky to have you. You're such an inspiration to her. And a wonderful step mom. It looks like her and Brian had a wonderful date together. It is so great to see her and her dad have such a great relationship. She sure is a princess...