Monday, December 8, 2008

Candle Lighting

Hi Guys!!

I was reading my cousin's blog, and my other cousin had found a website in support of her for people who have had children pass on at any age. This year there is a candle lighting ceremony to be held on Saturday, December 14th. The goal is to light a beautiful candle in memory of the person/person's lost at 7:00 pm (local time) to create a wave of white light that can be viewd from heaven. Check out the site: http://www.compassionatefriends.org/News_Events/Worldwide_Candle_Lighting.aspx

I am mustering up the strength to write about my beautiful baby boy and I think that this may just get the ball rolling. So, if you wouldn't mind, just light a candle in honor of Ryder James and Brenda.

Last night, actually this morning, at 3:30 I was changing London's diaper when I peered into the corner at Ryder's balloon.

Let me back up...Shanna, Will, and kids brought us an "It's a Girl," and "It's a Boy," balloon on the night that the babies were born, London's balloon went down in a flash, but Ryder's is still full of helium and floating in the corner of our room....Ironic or what?

So, it's my little reminder of him and I kiss it all the time and actually talk to it. Some might call me crazy, and well if you saw me talking to a balloon you might feel the same way, but it is my little piece of sanity to know that he is floating around and watching over us as we sleep, and laugh at me as I do silly things like shake a bottle without a lid on it at 4:00 in the morning.

Okay, back to my story...I peered into the corner to see a little boy in the corner with his balloon. As I realized that it was Ryder, London began to smile and almost giggle. I actually woke Brian up to tell him that Ryder was in our room, I think he thought I was crazy, or maybe he thought he was dreaming...either way I know what I saw. (Note: I am typing super fast because I am so excited to tell this story). As London nursed she kept choking and giggling. She hasn't laughed, she hasn't ever even smiled more that just gas, and here she is giggling. Ryder, I have determined is a little prankster, and he thought it was funny to play with his sister and keep his mommy up all night!!!

Anyways, I think about that little man all the time...I cry all the time, and some may say, "She looks so strong." And I just reply, "If only you knew."

Please light a candle for one hour on Saturday, maybe even send me a picture of it lit so that I can post how many people love him, and put it in a scrapbook for London! I would love it, and it would mean so much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your exciting story. This is so beautiful. We will be sure and light a candle in remembrance of Ryder. He is always in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.
We love ya

Freeman Family said...

We will light a candle for Ryder. We think about him all the time and can't wait to meet him.
You are strong and amazing. I couldn't have gone through half the stuff you have.
Kate

Anonymous said...

Oh Court that story gave me CHILLS! I'll be sure to light a candle for Ryder...love you guys!
Sadie

Unknown said...

Angela in Orlando...

Happy Birthday Courtney! Thanks for sharing your life with us and all that God has allowed in your life. I know you will be great help to others as they go through difficult times and you can share how God has seen you through all of this. I will be lighting a candle for Ryder on Sunday in his memory, cant promise a picture as Im not good with computer stuff.
Love Aunt Angela

jaw515 said...

Thanks for sharing that story Courtney. I am so grateful you are able to keep that relationship with Ryder. I am thinking of you today, as we are both home with our little families but thinking of the rest of the family with all our hearts. Love you dear cousin. Julie

jaw515 said...

Okay so when I posted my last comment I didn't know you were able to make it to Wyoming after all. I was still thinking of you, and I am so glad you were able to go. Lebo said your baby was beautiful, and so tiny. Wish I could have been there.